PLR Blogs Support
October 25, 2014, 07:50:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the PLRBlogs.com Support Forum!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blog Install Issue (What the?)  (Read 1578 times)
leonco

View Profile Email
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:19:52 PM »

Hi gang! I'm new here (so hello!), now bear with with me. I am having a strange issue
with blog uploads that refuse to appear even after following guidelines
closely...the issue is the blogs simply don't show. I use HGator  & Hostnanny
Hgator does not provied support for cany scripts, but they took a look and
said they did not see the sub-domain...I checked it was their so I deleted
it and placed it in a sub-folder, re-uploaded the backup zip and import buddy.php
and ran off to http://ez1-2-3.com/onlinedating/importbuddy.php/ and again
the same thing nothing appears except a blank screen with the word "buffer"
in the top left hand corner of the browser screen.

I'm wondering if importbuddy redirects to a script on a site ...and that site is down?
Why am I getting the blank screen and nothing else?

Thanks for reading!

I really need some help here. Huh  

I'm under the impression the script has issues with sub-domains Huh

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:24:42 PM by leonco » Logged
fisherwoman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »

Hi & welcome aboard!

I will try and see if I can help you out here.  I have three separate hosting accounts with Hostgator and don't have any trouble at all setting these blogs up.  One thing I have found that works best is to ftp the files to your domain and not upload them through file manager.  For some reason when uploading through file manager, the files don't always seem to upload correctly & completely.

First off, if you are trying to put this in a sub-domain, then you do not have that set up properly.  For a subdomain, your url would be:

http://onlinedating.ez1-2-3.com

If you are trying to set the blog up in a directory, then you would have a url like this:

http://ez1-2-3.com

I am sure you have watched the videos and how to install the blogs.  Something you may have missed that you need to unzip the actual file for the blog and then upload the zipped backup file inside that folder to your site.

The importbuddy.php file is part of the backup buddy plug-in that allows you to move these sites & set them up like this.

Hope that helps you some and doesn't cause more confusion,
Dawn Cool
Scott
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 04:48:36 PM »

Thank you Dawn for stepping in to provide some answers, it's very much appreciated! I'm a little behind on answering emails as I was trying to finish my latest set of blogs but tonight (Sunday) and all next week I'll be catching up! Smiley

As I mentioned to you (leonco) in the other thread, I've never ever had a problem with installing these blogs on Hostgator. Unlike Dawn, I have no issues at all uploading through File Manager but, her recommendation should work just as well. I guess we all have our own ways of uploading but Hostgator is one of those hosts that I don't have a problem with.

If you see my other reply, it would be great if you could email me at my support email so I can ask for certain information like your cPanel info (if you're ok with that) so I can try to install. I find I'm much more effective if I can try to install myself to see if I experience the same error/issue because sometimes communicating via email and/or forum posts leave out some critical info (not your fault, just saying the medium isn't always the best).

Anyway, if you're still having any issues, let me know and I'll be glad to help. I've literally installed hundreds of these blogs on a range of hosts (mostly hostgator) and other than the odd issue (such as with free hosting with limited capabilities) it's pretty much never a problem.

It's probably a very simple solution Smiley

Write to me and I'll be glad to dig further to help you out!

Cheers

Scott

fisherwoman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:03:09 PM »

Hey Scott...no problem at all, glad to help!

Dawn Cool
leonco

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »

Thanks fisherwoman,

your reply to my problem has been noted and appreciated. I had to delete everything and reinstall all. That went well the installs went without a hitch.

Leonco  Wink

Thank you Dawn for stepping in to provide some answers, it's very much appreciated! I'm a little behind on answering emails as I was trying to finish my latest set of blogs but tonight (Sunday) and all next week I'll be catching up! Smiley

As I mentioned to you (leonco) in the other thread, I've never ever had a problem with installing these blogs on Hostgator. Unlike Dawn, I have no issues at all uploading through File Manager but, her recommendation should work just as well. I guess we all have our own ways of uploading but Hostgator is one of those hosts that I don't have a problem with.

If you see my other reply, it would be great if you could email me at my support email so I can ask for certain information like your cPanel info (if you're ok with that) so I can try to install. I find I'm much more effective if I can try to install myself to see if I experience the same error/issue because sometimes communicating via email and/or forum posts leave out some critical info (not your fault, just saying the medium isn't always the best).

Anyway, if you're still having any issues, let me know and I'll be glad to help. I've literally installed hundreds of these blogs on a range of hosts (mostly hostgator) and other than the odd issue (such as with free hosting with limited capabilities) it's pretty much never a problem.

It's probably a very simple solution Smiley

Write to me and I'll be glad to dig further to help you out!

Cheers

Scott
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: